What to Do With Your Used Wedding Dress
Not sure what to do with your wedding dress after the big day? For those of you who do not want to hold on to the dress, selling it is an easy option and a great way to get some bucks back on it. For tips and information on selling a used wedding dress, see this previous post.
If you are a bride who wants to do something a bit more creative or are looking for other alternatives, here are a few options for what to do with your used wedding dress:
- Donate your dress to organizations such as Brides Against Breast Cancer or Brides Across America, which supports military brides.
- You can also donate it to NICU Helping Hands and it will be used to make garments for families who are going through the loss of an infant and are unable to find a burial gown.
- Make it into a Christening gown for your future children.
- Take different pieces from the dress and turn them into a quilt
- Trash it! This is by far my favorite idea. You can go to the beach, throw paint all over it, lay in the woods, whatever you want. It makes for an awesome photoshoot and will give you another fun memory in your dress.
There are so many options for what to do with your dress after the wedding. Get creative and have fun!
Christening Gown: It’s a Bride’s Life
Trash the Dress Paint: Rebekah Hoyt Photography
Trash the Dress on the Beach: Caffrey’s Photography