Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
We have all heard this saying over the years. A bride is meant to wear blue on her big day to symbolize fidelity and love. If you are looking for ways to incorporate blue on your big day, here is a list of both traditional and creative ways to add blue into your wedding attire.
- Garter – This is a more traditional idea, but definitely a classic one. It is also a good idea if blue is not included in your colors for the day. This way, you can incorporate blue, but it is more hidden.
- Shoes – I like this idea because you can have some fun with it. There are so many options when it comes to shoes that you are bound to find something that fits your wedding and personality. Your shoe can be fun and sparkly, or classic with a twist. The shoes on the right are just my style: classic with some fun opportunity for DIY. I love the idea of adding a quote such as “I Do” or the date of your wedding.
- Petticoat – This idea also gives you a lot of options. The petticoat can be hidden and just be your little secret, or it can be used to help your dress make a statement. This is also a great idea if you want to add some color to your dress, but still want it be be white.
- Hair Accessories – Whether you are wearing your hair up, down, straight, or curly, there are so many hair accessories to elevate your look and add in a little blue. You can go for a classic look with a hair pin, trendy with a beaded headpiece, or more whimsical with a flower crown.
- DIY Stitching – Not only does this add blue on your big day, but there are so many options for personalization. You can stitch your monogram, date of your wedding, or a quote. I love this idea because it makes the dress more custom by adding a personal touch.
Hope this inspires you!
Blue Garter: The Garter Girl
Royal Blue Shoes: Little Tree Studios
Bride & Groom Shoes: 222 Photography
Ivory shoes: Elizabeth Anne Designs
Light blue petticoat: Emmaline Bride
Hair Comb: Etsy
Flower Crown: Etsy
Blue Stitching – Style by Zoey